Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Progress is slow

The hamstrings from hell (aka #HFH) are taking their sweet time settling down. It's been a tad over 6 weeks since my last run and symptoms are still hanging on. The good news is the symptoms are reduced, but sitting continues to be a pain in the butt. Thank goodness I have a sit/stand work station at work! Unfortunately, cycling is not agreeing with the #HFH and I've had to abort that form of exercise. My physio wants me to stay active, so it's onto Plan B on the exercise front. Today I tried a short little session on an elliptical trainer. It was a short light session and it looks optimistic that this may be an alternative to cycling. Unfortunately, like wind trainers, time stands still on the elliptical! It is boring as!!
Boring!

The other option is a bit of the walk/jog combo (mostly walking!). I haven't tried that yet, maybe in a few days time. Otherwise it's a life of gym sessions and daily hamstring work. Yawn! Oh well only another 11 to 17 months to go ;-).

5 comments:

  1. I think I'd find the elliptical more boring than the treadmill. You should get in touch with Bron and try her Bionic Runner (outdoor elliptical bike) - looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ET. I'm pretty unco on the elliptical and would probably be a danger on the bionic runner! Fingers crossed the hammies can handle a gentle walk/jog program.

      Delete
  2. Time stands still on any of those indoors training machines. Progress is slow, patience is a virtue. If you need a shoulder to hang on to, I sure can share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks TF, it would be a good shoulder to hand on to :-). Treadmill I can handle, but the other machines send me to sleep. Here's hoping the gentle walk/jog program is acceptable to the hammies.

      Delete
    2. Good girl, not going crazy waiting will test, but you are experienced at that by now.

      Delete